Actuarial and Risk Management Officer
Commercial General Insurance Ltd, a well-established company operating in the general insurance sector, wishes to recruit an Actuarial and Risk Management Officer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Company’s CFO, the job holder will be working closely with the Actuarial and Risk Management Function Head of the company, providing technical support in connection with the risk management, actuarial, reserving, capital modeling, pricing and business planning activities of the Company within the Solvency II framework.
More specifically , the job holder will provide support to the Actuarial and Risk Management Function Head for the effective management of risks in accordance with the risk appetite of the Company for the compliance with established risk procedures as well as for the performance of the Company’s Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA). Moreover, the job holder will support the Actuarial and Risk Management Function Head, to produce an Actuarial Opinion on Technical Provisions along with all the required Solvency II regulatory and internal reports. The job holder will also be expected to provide assistance and solutions in process automation.
- A University degree in actuarial science, mathematics or in any other relevant field.
- Member of a professional body of actuaries which is a full member of the Actuarial Association of Europe or the International Actuarial Association.
- Previous experience as an internal Actuary in the insurance sector (preferably general insurance).
- In depth knowledge of actuarial and financial risk issues.
- Technical expertise required for the identification, quantification, management and control of the risks inherent in the Company, as well as for the design and implementation of stress tests and other risk assessment techniques.
- Proper understanding of risk management, risk processes and risk implications, both on an individual and on an aggregate level.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills, including report writing skills
- Proactive, dynamic and deadline oriented.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office 365 applications and more specifically expert on Excel with preference to VBA and SQL programming skills.
Kindly note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.